NOTE: Although all of the content of this post is contained in this e-mail, it is far better viewed by clicking on blog.
HUNTERS POINT SF OPEN STUDIOS
TOMORROW AND SUNDAY (NOV 9 & 10)
FROM 11 AM TO 6 PM
FROM 11 AM TO 6 PM
I'M IN BUILDING 101 STUDIO 1201
- a list of participating artists with samples of their work
- info about FAMILY ART DAY Saturday November 9
- info about the collective exhibition closing on Sunday November 10
- details about the art auctions on Saturday and Sunday at Hunters Point
- directions to Islais Creek and Hunters Point Shipyard studios
- a map of every studio location
- the shuttle bus schedule for Saturday November 9
- food vendors this weekend
- a link to my business website that has nothing to do with my art
MY PAINTINGS WILL BE 50% OFF THIS WEEKEND
This is a guilt sale because I don't have much new work except gourds which are so labor intensive that they took up most of my painting time. I'm going to take a break from painting gourds for a while to focus on paintings so if you have wanted a gourd, now is the time.
GOURDS ARE FULL PRICE
The following are studio pics which show some of my available work .......
Susie, I still have the yellow heart.
The following are available but live in my home until someone wants them. Last Open Studios I brought them all in but this time my knees balked.
Following is a glimpse of Peggy Huff's work, she is my studio mate.
Following are pics from customers of last spring's open studios showing works of mine that they purchased.
- Where: Hunters Point Shipyard
- When: Saturday, November 9, 11 AM-4PM
- ArtSpan, Shipyard Trust for the Arts, YMCA Urban Services and the YES Project are proud to present a full day of fun art activities, workshops, and performances for kids and families during the SF Open Studios event at Hunters Point Shipyard.
SF OPEN STUDIOS COLLECTIVE EXHIBITION
- Where: 934 Brannan, SF
- Hours: Tuesday-Friday, 12-7 PM / Saturday, 11 AM-5 PM / Sunday, 11 AM-3 PM
- Admission: Free and open to the public
- Visit the exhibition to view over 400 artworks by SF Open Studios artists before it closes on Sunday, November 10!
HUNTERS POINT SHIPYARD 26th ANNUAL AUCTION
- Where: Hunters Point Shipyard, Building 101
- Silent Auction: Saturday, November 9 all day until the Live Juried Auction
- Live Juried Auction: Saturday, November 9 5:00-7:00 PM
- Wine and food starting at 4 PM
- Work that has not sold on Saturday may be purchased on Sunday at the buy it now price
- Artwork offered during these auctions was donated by more than 90 artists at Hunters Point Shipyard & Islais Creek Studios
- Featuring auctioneer, Scott Madison
- Benefiting the Shipyard Trust for the Arts
DIRECTIONS TO ISLAIS CREEK & HUNTERS POINT SHIPYARD
THE WAY I GET TO MY HUNTERS POINT STUDIO IS
- 3rd St North
- Right on Evans
- Drive until the street ends
- Go left
PDF MAP OF EVERY WEEKEND 4 STUDIO LOCATION
- note: this is weekend 4 at the bottom of the PDF
- this locates all participating artists & some are outside of Islais Creek and HP Shipyard
SHUTTLE BUS SCHEDULE
- Saturday only between noon and 3pm
- free rides on The Mexican Bus between Hunters Point Shipyard and Islais Creek
- Stops at Hunters Point in front of the Sustainability Building near the entrance to the Shipyard
- Stops at Islais Creek at the corner of Rankin and Custer
- Pick Up/Leave Hunters Point Shipyard: 12:00 PM, 1:00 PM, 2:00 PM
- Pick Up/Leave Islais Creek Studios: 12:30 PM, 1:30 PM, 2:30 PM
- Return to Hunters Point Shipyard: 3:00 PM
- Let's Be Frank, the "high-end" hot dog and sausage car.
- Acme buns! They will also have vegetarian options and an assortment of beverages but NO coffee.
- Yvonne's Southern Sweets, fresh baked cookies, tarts, pralines, etc. Yvonne bakes in the B.110 kitchen and has a shop at 5128 3rd St. (west side, across from where Shafter intersects with 3rd).
- I'm selling second hand items on eBay
- my customer base is people just like you
- please check out my site
- contact me if you would like to do business